In 2018 we spent an average around $877 to secure and rehabilitate each Chesapeake Bay Retriever we rescue. For each dog that is taken into our organization, whether it be from local shelters or through owner surrender, we:
- Board the dog with a foster parent who understands the breed and will care for the dog until adoption.
- Have the dog examined medically by trained veterinarians.
- Evaluate the dog’s temperament and compatibility with other dogs, humans and environmental conditions.
- Bring the dog current with all recommended shots and vaccinations.
- Remedy any outstanding medical conditions observed during examination.
- Spay or neuter the dog, if not already done.
- Microchip the dog for easy tracking and recovery, should it become lost.
The fees listed on this page combined with other donations and the results of our fundraising efforts allow us to fulfill our mission to rescue Chesapeake Bay Retrievers.