Candidate Filing Open for the 2022 CBRR&R Board of Directors
Are you interested in serving on CBRR&R’s Board of Directors?
We have a lot of seats to fill this year and are looking both for people with long experience in dog rescue AND newcomers with fresh ideas and other relevant backgrounds, such as other board, non-profit management, or financial experience.
The official candidate self-nomination process opens November 8, 2021 and runs through November 29, 2021. During this time, members interested in running for a Board seat should complete the attached Nomination form, including a short biography and relevant experience, to [email protected]. Self-Nominations for a CBRR&R Board of Directors Member may be received from any current member of the Organization.
Qualifications and expectations are:
- Be a CBRR&R member in good standing
- Not be married to or related to another member of the CBRR&R, Inc. Board of Directors
- Not have been convicted of any crime related to handling money or animal cruelty or a felony
- Be able and willing to use the designated communication mode with your fellow board
members, including in virtual Board meetings (we currently use Google products: Gmail
and Google Groups, Google Meets, Zoom, Slack, and FB Messenger).
- Willing to sign a conflict of interest policy statement if elected
- Cannot be a professional fundraiser
Voting in this year’s election will take place from Sunday, December 5, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. EST to Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. EST. Election results will be announced at our virtual Annual Meeting, held on Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. EST.
Please watch your email in the coming weeks for additional information and instructions about voting.
We look forward to working together with you in the coming year!
Dates to Remember:
Candidate Submission – now through November 29, 2021
Virtual Voting – December 5 through December 12, 2021 6:00 p.m. EST
Annual Meeting with election results announced – December 12, 2021 7:00 p.m. EST